Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

While I Was Out...

Around the sub-blogosphere while I was out on liberty...

Chapomatic has an initial reaction to the announcement that Groton was on the BRAC list, and a follow-up post.

Zero Bubble is really, really against the proposed base closures in the Northeast...

drunknsubmrnr reports on the return of the Canadian Submarine Force to sea.

And finally, bothenook gets a little bit literary, eliciting a response from the only sub-blogger qualified to respond to posts that reference Shakespeare, WillyShake. Willy also asks for help from ELTs, and reads way too much into the new "Star Wars" movie. Dude, the movie has lightsaber fights and things that blow up in kewl ways -- nuttin' else really matters... Anyway, no one who isn't a political junkie will give a rat's ass about the cultural commentary; it's kind of like when a lot of people thought "Born in the U.S.A" was a patriotic song...

Going deep...

1 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

LMFAO.
Fear you should not, Master Jedi. Tickets in hand have I.
Friday will I meet...VADER!

Seriously, though, you've given the best advice, and that is to go to it with the enthusiasm of a 10 yr-old boy (er, I guess technically a *13* year-old in this case), and relish the completion of a saga that truly belongs to our generation.

I fully expect to do that, just as I will continue to be frustrated by the politics of Hollywood...but listen, you should see what they do to Shakespeare here in the Academy--if I can take that, I'll get through any silly allusions in Episode III.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! ;)

5/18/2005 6:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home