Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Non-Sub Blogs Look at Groton BRAC Issues

(Intel Source: Ninme) The Politburo Diktat, one of my regular stops in my tours around the blogosphere, has an entry up on the economics and politics that are possibly behind the proposed closing of Subase New London. Stephen's conclusion:

"So, is Blue State Connecticut getting whacked, in favor of Red States Virginia and Georgia? This article suggests not. While a Google search turns of plenty of suspicions, personally, I don't think these moves are politically motivated. But it still hurts to see your home state and such an historic place take a hit."

Staying at PD...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home