Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Responsibility and the Retired Submarine Officer

Subbasket was out of town last night, so I was at home with the boys. This is pretty much the first time I've had sole responsibility for anything other than myself as far as getting keeping schedules since I retired. Being a good nuke, I made up a list of priorities to ensure that Subbasket didn't come home unhappy. (Most important priority -- get the boys up and to school on time.) Let's see how I did:

Get the boys fed: Check
Make sure the boys did homework: Check
Entertain the boys: Check (watched the MNF game with deepdiver while Istand1337 chatted online and played games did homework on the computer. Also beat deepdiver at chess three times; I think he was distracted because his favorite team, the Carolina Panthers, were trying really hard to lose a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter.)
Wash the dishes: Check
Get the garbage out: Check
Get the boys to bed on time: Check
Get myself to bed on time:

I tried... I really did. I went to sleep about 0015, after setting both alarms on my alarm clock, as well as the alarm on my Palm. Sat bolt upright about 0030, thinking I was late to get the boys to school -- I mean, I was wide awake. Finally got to sleep again at about 0400, and woke up 1 minute before the alarm woke up at 0555. (The one ring on the phone at that time contributed to my awakedness; no one was there, but Subbasket's number was on the caller ID list...)

Anyway, the boys got to school, and now I can get some sleep...

While I'm at it, a quick political comment: Anyone that can piss off Pat Buchanan, Rush Limbaugh, Liberal Larry, and Kos at the same time is probably a pretty good SCOTUS nominee...

Going deep....

Update 1236 04 Oct: I guess I should point out that Liberal Larry's complaints about the new Supreme Court nomination might seem a little confusing, since he seems to be under the impression that Bushitler nominated Little House on the Prairie character Harriet Oleson. Larry occasionally gets too chummy with the Drano under the sink, but all in all he means well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not out on the town I was at the hospital taking a sleeping test to see if I have troubles with sleep appneea(spelling on this word is so wrong but you get the point). "Tiny Bubbles" just was scared that he would not be able to do what was asked of him.LOL

10/04/2005 8:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know everyone survived the experience! I need to log on to this site more so I can keep tabs on what is occurring. Hope the sleep problems are easy to fix.

10/07/2005 12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home