Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Saturday, November 05, 2005

French Riot News

Ninme has been providing about the best coverage I've seen on the Muslim riots in France, although many of the fine bloggers listed to the right have also provided lots of worthwhile information.

As for me, I'm wondering if they're going to start rioting in the streets of Lincoln, Nebraska, following the latest Cornhusker debacle, a loss to my alma mater, Kansas. From the article:

"Kansas finally beat Nebraska, ending a 36-game losing streak to the Cornhuskers with a 40-15 victory Saturday and thousands of fans rushed the field to celebrate one of the biggest wins in school history...
"Midway through the fourth quarter, many of the several thousand Nebraska fans began quietly filing out. One of their last streaks linking them to the glory days of Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne had been severed in the second year under Callahan...
"It's been so long since Kansas has beaten Nebraska, that eight presidents had occupied the Oval Office since the Jayhawks last beat the Huskers, 23-13 in 1968."

I'm gonna go cry now...

Update 1900 05 Nov: OK, I'm better now. Anyway, the other sub-bloggers who have been discussing the European riots include: bothenook, Chapomatic, submandave, Vigilis, and gus van horn. My take: This should serve as a cautionary note to any Western democracy who thinks they can "buy off" their growing Muslim populations simply with an anti-U.S., anti-Israel foreign policy. I expect things to get worse before they get better.

Update 2209 05 Nov: Now that I've gone over the stats of the NU-KU game, I'm not doing so well. Seven first downs?!? Against Kansas?!? Giving up the last 23 points scored? Yeah, that West Toast offense is working out really well, Satan...

(In the interests of fairness, I should provide a link to a website for people who support Satan and the job he's been doing as Nebraska Athletic Director. Interestingly, there doesn't seem to be much activity there for the last month or so...)

Update 2225 05 Nov: Hey, I just noticed that I'm the #1 Google result (of over 64K) for Nebraska Athletic Director Satan (and also #2 on Yahoo). Now I feel better...

Update 0848 05 Nov: They had to close the comment section on the post-game post at one of the Lincoln newspaper's football blogs due to talk of off-field violence... and they closed the comments for the pre-game post as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can recover as a Nebraska fan. Losing to the hawks? OMG, at least I have a 8 time zone buffer so that I cannot watch a former power house team look like a bunch of junior high players.
I knew the Slac-10 left coast offensive would not work with them when I read about it last year, I can't believe they have not shyt-canned him yet, what happened at that school? My sister is UNL alumni and even she is joking about the team now.
In the 70's and 80's my mom owned a cafe in Beatrice called Mom's Cafe on the hiway, we used to watch the party hawks head north, and in the evening, back south as they cried in their beer, LOL. Guess those days are over until they get rid of the left coast trash.
It's a sad day in Aksarben land. Good luck on your healing brother....

11/06/2005 12:06 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Dude -- these last two seasons have been like watching a slow motion train wreck. About the only streak we have left is the home sellout streak, and who knows? That might even go away next year...

11/06/2005 12:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home