Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

USS Columbia Homecoming Photos


A reader in Hawaii graciously sent some pics of USS Columbia (SSN 771) pulling into Pearl Harbor last Friday at the conclusion of her WestPac.


Blogger's photo function is acting squirrelly, so I'll post the other two photos as soon as I can.

Update 2337: It seems to be working now. Here are the other two:


Thanks for sending the photos... I'm glad I can share them with the rest of the submarine lovers out there!

6 Comments:

Blogger jeffox said...

Ya ya, Bubblehead. Thank you for sharing. She looks nice.

3/23/2006 2:48 AM

 
Blogger Clance' McClannahan said...

Another Idaho blogger...Way to go. We might even live next door to each other...you never know. I will share your love of subs with my lovee. He loves them too.
Nice posts!

3/24/2006 2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. I've been anxious for any word about the Columbia, as my son is on the crew.

3/24/2006 1:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My buddy is the ENG on her....hope all went well.

3/24/2006 5:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope every one likes the pictures. The Columbia is doing great. She is underway once more for Rimpac. They worked really hard getting her ready to go out. It will be a long journey but I know the guys out there are having fun playing "Battle Ship".... I'll type in every once in a while to keep you up to date if you would like. I might even have some sea stories to share along the way. N-E-ways, Thank you again.

7/15/2006 6:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOMECOMING...the best part of WestPac deployment!!! I was there to see my subbie arrive. This boat received the Arleigh Burke Trophy.

9/06/2006 12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home