Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, April 07, 2008

Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions!

My alma mater won their third NCAA Men's Basketball championship tonight in a game that, honestly, wasn't nearly as exciting or good as the last time they won, when I was a senior. Still, KU coming back from a 9 point deficit with just over 2 minutes left in regulation -- and hitting the 3-pointer with a couple seconds left to send the game to overtime-- certainly helped me reach my target heart rate.

Kansas basketball is all about tradition, and I'm happy that the "old" rituals are the same as they were when I graduated:



They'll be "waving the wheat" in Lawrence tonight!

Update 0542 08 April: Here's a video of the shot that sent the game into overtime.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock! Chalk! Jay! Hawk! K - UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

My fam and I watched the game at Allen Fieldhouse. I hope my two oldest sons (5 and almost 4) are old enough to remember storming the court in '08. What a thrill.

MM2 (SS) ELT USS Hawkbill 95-99

4/07/2008 11:52 PM

 
Blogger carbs said...

Congrats on the title. It seems Kansas and Cornell are linked by more than the school song - the Big Red go twenty years between appearances, and the Jayhawks go twenty years between championships.

And on the other side, Memphis lost. Can't argue with that. :-)

- Matt (RC-div, SSN 691)

4/08/2008 12:07 AM

 
Blogger Mark Tempest said...

Congrats to KU - well-earned.

4/08/2008 5:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... that mascot costume is only slightly less goofy than the new PT gear they're making us buy.

But only slightly.

4/08/2008 12:08 PM

 
Blogger midwatchcowboy said...

Congrats, way to win a tough one. Was listening to KU grad John Riggins radio show and he regretted his purposeful emotional detachment from the game when the team was down by 9 with about 2min to go. He says he robbed himself of some joy.

PS
How bout your new #1 fan - Roy Williams? Is he angling for a return trip when Bill Self goes to OSU?

4/09/2008 5:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching basketball?

I'd a thought you were going down to Texas to pick up the wife (wives) and kids....

4/09/2008 6:11 AM

 
Blogger Cameron said...

Congrats on Kansas' win. And for ruining my bracket and causing me to lose to my little sister. Thanks.

4/09/2008 1:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home