Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, September 27, 2010

Old And Forgetful

What with all the excitement around here about my son getting his LDS Church mission call (to northern Chile, leaving December 1st), I plain forgot about my 6th blogiversary 10 days ago. Here's the obligatory link to my first post, and here's a link to my current traffic stats. Over the last year, we've been pretty steady about about 40K visits and 80K page views per month. As long-time readers have seen, this site has pretty much evolved into more of a commenter-driven blog vice author-driven; I just post ideas, and you guys take it from there.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to make TSSBP the place it is today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sand Crab said...

Thank you for the place to have discussions! And for the ever-vigilant eye for posts that need to be censored due to their content.

9/27/2010 4:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post idea; Iowa boast first state to give Veterans holiday time off on Veterans Day. Check Iowa bill 2197. Law gives employers option to make holiday paid or unpaid.


In discussion with my HR department I've recommended that we pay time off as we should and maybe add to our bag of recruiting tools.
Its challenging to recruit top candidates to Iowa for some reason???

9/27/2010 7:00 PM

 
Anonymous YNC(SS), USN, Retired said...

Good on your son, Joel. Just last spring a couple of missionaries, one from Chile stopped by to chat while I was in the yard. Of course I would never turn one away. I don't believe I could deal with someone shaking the dust from his feet because I didn't/wouldn't receive them. For some reason, once they came to understand I was a friend, they haven't stopped any more. Folks from the Ward from time to time.

West Jordan, Utah

9/27/2010 9:18 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to you and your son. This is my first visit to your site and I have enjoyed the few posts I've read.

9/29/2010 1:44 AM

 
Blogger Bikeboy said...

Another nod to your son. I was blessed to serve in Uruguay (more years ago than I like to think about!)... Latin America is indeed where the field is white, all ready for harvest.

I'm not a frequent visitor, but when I have the time, there's always something of interest, and your comments are pointed (and in good directions).

Keep up the good work on all fronts.

10/02/2010 1:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home