Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, November 07, 2005

Whenever A Post Mentions Uranium Ratios...

...the geeky nuke in me gets excited. Zoe Brain has a post on some weird data in radiocarbon dating that at first glance looks kind of moonbatty, but since I know Zoe is no moonbat, I need to look at it closer. And, since it mentions U235/238 ratios, I'm sure that all nuke geeks will want to do the same...

Staying at PD...

Update 0733 07 Nov: The post listed above might not be moonbatty, but I did stumble across an example of real moonbat science Down Under. (The professor in question even has a webpage, so he must be legit!)

Here in the States, Vigilis has uncovered an even more ridiculous example of moonbat science. Trust me on this one -- whenever you see a process being described as using "hydrogen in fractional quantum states that are at lower energies than the traditional "ground" (n=1) state" you can recognize immediately that it's a perpetual motion scam. Actually, any time you see anyone use the phrase "fractional quantum state" in an other-than-mocking way, you know that they're a few clowns short of a circus...

2 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

Fractional quantum states set off alarm bells, I agree. My prpblem is that the standard model and string theory are not much more convincing (e.g. charm, flavor, 10-dimension minimum).

I would not invest in nor even bet with you over Dr. Mills's claim, but I get the feeling there is room for major breakthroughs in the increasingly poorly described field of advanced energy physics. Thank you for the link.

11/07/2005 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Vigilis,
I really like superstring (or "M" theory) -- I can't follow the math, but to me, it just "makes sense". Having all particles (force and mass-carrying) unified like string theory is able to (almost) do mathematically is a big breakthrough. I expect that if some of the particles predicted by superstring start showing up at CERN when the new collider starts operating, it will go a long way to getting wider acceptance of string theory generally.
Personally, the idea of an 11 dimensional "underlying" universe is kind of the way I can reconcile my religious faith with my belief in science, so it's fairly important to me.

11/07/2005 4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home