Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Halls Decked

Earlier, I posted pictures of some of the more "extreme" houses in our neighborhood, decoration-wise. Today, we finally finished our bough-hanging and such. As expected, I wasn't able to compete for the title of "Gaudiest Eyesore", but I think I did a pretty good job.

(You can click on the picture for a better view.) I added the green lights because I thought the red, white and blue theme I had going was dangerously close to being tasteful. SubBasket was responsible for directing the tree decorations, though, so it ended up looking very nice, I think.

Yes, I know it's leaning a little-- that's my bad. It still looks good.

Going deep...

5 Comments:

Blogger Alex Nunez said...

Good tree, Joel. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loads up with the hallmark ornaments.

I have the same Tie Fighter on my tree. My most prized Hallmark ornament, however, is my electronic Vader, who talks trash to Luke Skywalker on Bespin every time the tree gets powered up...

12/19/2005 6:45 AM

 
Blogger G-Man said...

we've seen others that are downright perfect displays. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until they are developed - don't have a fancy smanschy digital camera. *sniff*

San Diego wishes you a happy, well rounded, and uh prosperous new year. Just don't go off the deep end too much (lol).

12/19/2005 8:06 AM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Thanks so much, d.p.! Alex -- we also have the electronic Vader, on the other side of the tree. (It's starting to lose it's voice; he only fires up about a quarter of the time now.) We have all the Star Trek ships except, of course, the first one (which goes for several hundred bucks on E-bay).

12/19/2005 8:12 PM

 
Blogger bothenook said...

hey! it looks like we got the lean almost exactly the same!

12/20/2005 10:30 PM

 
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

Who are those two fat guys in your yard?

12/23/2005 7:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home