Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Person Overboard

When I did the deployment on the carrier, I sometimes shuddered to think what would happen if I fell overboard at night, and ended up bobbing in the water watching the ship sail away. For this Sailor on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, it looks like his (her?) shipmates must have seen the Sailor fall overboard at 0215, and the Sailor was rescued expeditiously.

I just hope that the new Navy uniforms, when they come out, don't make it harder to see someone who's in the water.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am the sailor that fell overboard. i am a girl and i didnt exactly fall. we were dumping bails over and the metal got rapped around my leg and when they pused it over i was attached. they noticed i was gone when they turned around and i wasnt there. i waited over an hour for a helicopter and was a couple miles away from the ship when they found me. it was terrifying. but i am ok. my email is amandacodyalexander@yahoo.com if anyone has any questions about that night. P.S. I was in my dungerees but luckily i was able to pull my strobe light out.

11/09/2008 5:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home