Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Whiniest Submarine Website Ever

I stumbled across a website from someone who claims to be a former nuke on USS Dallas (SSN 700), and who appears to have not enjoyed his time in the Navy. Normally, I like malcontents, but this guy is a bit too whiny for my tastes. (Plus, although he has the very funny 'Why McDonald's is better than a submarine' list, he put it in an unreadable yellow font.)

Still, he put a lot of work into it (except for the spell-checking part) and as it's my primary goal to publicize just about everything I find on the 'net about submarines, I feel constrained by months of tradition to link to the site. (As it turns out, linking to this site also supports the secondary goal of this blog.) While you're there, make sure to check out his report of his visit to the psych ward at Walter Reed! Or when he was on 60 days restriction! Or even his pageful of depressing poems! And don't miss his explanation of nuclear power that includes this classic line: "Uranium is actually formed in stars, but a large amount of it was believed to have settled on Earth during its formation." Talk about starting from the beginning...

Going deep...

Bell-ringer 1719 08 Nov: It looks like the young web site author in question is able to function at some level, so good for him!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

FYI: The whiner you identified knows what he is about. His Search Engine Optimization book (SEOBOOK) sells for $79.

Aaron Wall
144 Dahlia Drive
State College, PA 16803
aaron@search-marketing.info
(401)207-1945

11/08/2005 4:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That new navy site is still published because it is inspiring how well I have done given how pathetic I was a short while ago.

As far as my book selling, it sells enough that I make far more money selling it direct at $79 than I would making a print version and going with one of the top 5 publishing houses in the world, which I recently turned down.

Put another way, I sell way more of my ebook than the average author sells of print books, and my margins are 50% as great.

4/04/2006 5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugg...I still suck at spell check and what not. that 50% should be 50*

I am ranking #2 in Google for USS Dallas now :)

4/04/2006 11:58 PM

 
Anonymous niroa said...

I suppose every person must read it.

3/31/2012 9:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home